Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of School...Again

So school has begun for us and although I thought it would cause life to feel less hectic, it has had the opposite effect. I felt like during the summer we lacked structure and routine and the school year would get us back into that. But I am having a hard time with it. Jack goes to preschool on Tuesday and Thursday and this Tuesday was his first day. I was so prepared. The night before I packed his backpack with extra clothes, his lunch box with a healthy, yummy lunch along with my signature "I love you" napkin, and put them by the door along with his napmat and folder. I also went ahead and packed Addie's and my bags for the day as well because we were going to be going into work after dropping Jack off. So I went to bed feeling good about myself and confident that the next day would go smoothly. STUPID STUPID STUPID. The next morning I am almost done getting the three of us ready to walk out the door to take pictures when I realize Jack has once again pooped in his underwear!!!!! So I strip him down and stick him in the bath 20 minutes before we should be loading up in the car. I rush and get him ready and make him pose outside for some pics of him with his backpack and lunch box looking like the cutest big boy ever. I drive like a maniac to school so that I can get pictures with Jack and his cousin Rylan. We make it, get all the pictures, and then Jack just runs into his classroom without even kissing me or saying "Bye Mom, I love you. I will miss you. You are the best mommy ever and when we are apart I think about how much I love you. I'm going to be tough and go to school like a big boy but I can't wait until you come pick me up." Nothing! Not even a wave! HEART BREAK! The day gets better and Jack got a sticker at school with no potty accidents. YAY! Got home, stuck the camera card in the computer to download the pictures and apparently got distracted because I never actually got to the downloading part. But then at dinner I pulled it out because Addie was being so silly with her spaghetti and I just had to get a picture. Later I went to download the pictures once again and realized that all of Jack's pictures from his very important first day of school were GONE!!!





So today is Thursday, day two of school but I decided to try and recreate "the first day of school" day. The day promised to be good because my hair looked decent enough for public viewing after only brushing it a couple of times. This was truly amazing because 99% of the time I look in the mirror in the morning and my hair is bigger than me! Levi always says I'm the most beautiful first thing in the morning except for my hair. But for some reason I got a break today. So I got to spend less time on hair and actually straighten my house before we walked out the door to once again take pictures. We take pictures and I load the kids into the car and run back inside for my coffee and all our bags. As I am walking back out the door Jack is walking to me. That booger crawled out of his seat, locked the doors, got out, and shut the doors, with the keys and Addie inside the car!!! Panic hit and I called Levi freaking out because I thought he had the only spare key. He tells me there is one in the junk drawer and to look there. Well I can't even get that darn drawer to open all the way and all of a sudden I turn all my frustration on to Levi for stuffing his random wires, screws, hammers, tape, and other man stuff into the already full drawer. Really I was feeling really guilty for leaving keys in the car with the kids inside and was trying to turn the blame on Levi, an innocent victim of my wrath. But after pulling out several tools and empty boxes I was able to open the drawer and locate the key. All was well and Addie was only in the car by herself for 3 minutes max.










Due to the craziness of the morning I managed to forget Addie's lunch so I stuck a sticker on the door of the store explaining I would be right back and we walked over to Subway. I thought that the nice Subway people would give me a little thing of some black olives but they said they would have to charge me for a full salad. So I got Addie some pickles, olives, and turkey and paid over five bucks. She hated all of it! But I got some cute pictures from it so I think it was worth the $5.


As much as I was looking forward to it, I'm really glad our school/work week is over. I'm beginning to think I'm not as structured as I thought I was. It seems like regardless of how much I prepare, chaos always follows me where ever I go...his name is Jack. ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment